Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Flowers and Fairies!

Flowers and Fairies is the theme this week for our Stampendous Design Team, and the new flower fairy stamps released in April are a perfect fit. See all of them over at the Stampendous website!

I just love this Fairy Dance (CRW148) stamp, and had so much fun coloring her. You can change the colors to suit the person you are sending it to. Blue could say "heard you're feeling blue",  Yellow for "Sending sunny thoughts your way!". Well, you get the idea. I was in a pinky-lime mood, so that's how I colored mine. The wonderful saying is CRH319 Cling Timeless Fairytales.

"Tickled Pink!"
The fairy and saying were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black then colored with COPIC markers. I added a little glitter for "pollen" on the stamen, and in the centers of the little flowers. Oh, in case you didn't notice, I stamped her twice, colored one whole image and just the tutu of the second image to cut out and overlay with foam tape on the petals, but flat at the waist. I thought it gave her a lot of dimension.

I want to wish my very talented, dear friend, Pam Hornschu, a Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a Fairy Tale day!

Our design team has more great ideas to share with you too!
Louise Healy


Happy Creating,
Louise

3 comments:

Viki Banaszak said...

This is adorable! I love the colors that you chose. Great job coloring.

Stampendous said...

This is fantastic, Louise. Love the double layer of petals for the tutu. Thank you for sharing today!

barbara macaskill said...

This is stunning!! LOVE the little details like the cheeks and eyes on the fairy girl!! TFS!