Thursday, July 24, 2014

July...a month to DIE for Week 4!

Welcome to week four of our Dreamweaver Stencils July Challenge!  All of this month the Dream Team are featuring our newest toys...our DIES! You'd be surprised at how many we have, and what fun things you can do with them...especially when used in conjunction with many of their matching stencils. They are such a simple way to create an effective card.

I'm in beautiful northern Wisconsin today, heading over to Minnesota for "Christmas in July" with my husband's family. On the way, I thought I would visit some stores in WI that sell Dreamweaver Stencils products. Yesterday I taught this fun class at Stampin' N Scrapin' Fun in Marshfield, WI:
Open Owl, Nesting Owls die, and Leafless tree die

I have taught Zentangle with this Open Owl stencil (LG751) in the past, but now it is really fun because after you finish tangling it you can cut out the shape with the matching die from our Nesting Owls die set (DG751)!  This size just cuts the outline of the owl and cuts it just a little larger so it leaves an nice mat all the way around. I cut another one out of black paper to create a shadow. The branches under his claws are from the Leafless tree die (DX7020), I just cut off some branches and taped them under the owl. Easy and fun!

I'm sure that our "B" team is just DIE-ing to show you their creations, as well as our Guest Designer for the month of July...



Happy Creating,
Louise
An InLinkz Link-up

5 comments:

Lyn B said...

Wonderful card Louise! I'm introducing Zentangling DW style to my club soon and this card is an excellent place to start.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow!!! I love his vest and vest button! Very clever, Louise!

Janice K said...

A stunning card, love the Zentangle designs.x

Pam Hornschu said...

Using the tree as twigs...inspired! Love the vest on your owl buddy.

Jan Castle said...

Gorgeous card!!!!
Jan