Our theme this week is By the Sea, so I've used a Spellbinder Nestabilities from the Labels Eight set to create my beach scene.
- Fold a white A2 top fold card in half and stamp the front with the swirl from the Mixed Media Cling Rubber Brush Strokes (CRS7001) set
- Cut a label out of white cardstock with the second largest die from the Labels Eight set and stamp it with the swirl too
- Paste emboss the Dreamweaver Scallop (LM106), Seahorse (LM181), and Starfish (LM209) with Regular Embossing Paste using a palette knife and paste spreader
- Remove the stencil and sprinkle with Golden Sand Embossing Powder, tap off excess and heat set, when cool, cut out the images
- Sprinkle the bottom area of the die cut label with a combination of Golden Sand, Taupe fragments, and Bronze glass glitter, heat from underneath
- Tear two pieces of kraft cardstock for the "sand" area of the card
- Edge everything with brown ink using an ink blusher
- Stamp the saying from the Life Words set, SSC1213, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on kraft cardstock, tear edges and ink with brown
- Layer torn kraft cardstock along the bottom, front edge of the card then add the label, and more embossing elements along the bottom edge, heat
- Layer on the shells and saying, and add a knotted cord
Be sure to keep checking back with the team this week to see what else we have in "shore" for you!
Here's today's links: